Julie was born in Queens in 1957. She is first generation American and the daughter of 2 Holocaust survivors, therefore having experienced a very different childhood from most of her friends. Since her parents had basically come to this country as orphans & with nothing, they instilled a very strong work ethic in her. She grew up & lived on Long Island until she was 23 when she married her husband Steve in 1981. They then moved to Bay Ridge. Julie is a graduate of The Fashion Institute of Technology, where she earned an AAS degree in 1977. She spent 12 successful years in the fashion industry, where she held several positions, her last one being in sales shortly before she gave birth to her first daughter, Jennifer in 1987.
At that time, after some urging from her husband, she earned her real estate license and became an agent with Century 21. Steve said she knew more than the agents who took them out when they were looking to buy and was honest too. Knowing absolutely nothing about real estate, other than what she learned in the generic real estate course and 1 weeks training with Century 21, she began to build her business from the ground up. Julie has only been with 4 different offices in her 27 years in the real estate industry, the first 2 with Century 21, a small independent company in between and finally the last 15 years with RE/MAX. Her main focus and goal is to provide the best possible service to her clients and customers. What sets her apart from others, besides her honesty & integrity, is her sense of humor. She has earned several awards from RE/MAX, including The Hall of Fame in 2006, denoting $1,000,000 in commission earned while with the company. She has spoken on behalf of RE/MAX on several occasions. Julie is a Realtor & holds a broker’s license. She has earned 5 national professional designations- ASP (accredited staging professional), GRI (graduate realtor institute), PMN (Performance Management Network), SRES (Senior Real Estate Specialist) & ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative).
Julie is also a past director on The Brooklyn Board of Realtors, past President (2008 & 2013) of the Brooklyn Chapter of The Women’s Council of Realtors, a past VP & current Governor of The Bay Ridge Real Estate Board, past Chairperson of The Brooklyn Board of Realtors Membership Committee, currently sits on The Grievance Committee for The BBOR and sat on The Advisory Committee to The Brooklyn Multiple Listing Service. She has also been the office champion for The Children’s Miracle Network and raised monies annually for the fight against breast and other cancers. Her interests include shopping at Malson’s Jewelers, walking, fashion, cooking, baking & antiquing. She has 2 daughters, Jennifer, 27 and Amanda, 22, who are the pride & joy of her life.
145 Five Star Reviews on Zillow.
Thank you! #1 in The Bay Ridge office 🙂
JULIE THUM (ABR, ASP, GRI, PMN, SRES)
LICENSED ASSOCIATE BROKER AND REALTOR
Developing and implementing effective marketing plans, matching buyers and sellers, and managing the real estate transaction from first viewing through closing, while providing the highest level of service and communication to all parties.
I jump for my clients.
- Serving Brooklyn’s real estate needs & helping families realize their dreams for 27 years
- Providing services tailored to my buyer’s & seller’s needs including the following:
- Developing customized marketing & advertising plans
- Pre-qualifying buyers
- Coordinating & scheduling appointments to view the property
- Handling offers & negotiations
- Coordinating contracts, forms & disclosure statements required by NY State
- Arranging site inspections
- Assisting buyers in locating mortgage lenders & obtaining financing
- Coordinating appraisals
- Providing detailed progress reports regularly
- Providing information regarding neighborhood sales, home values & bank process
- Director, Brooklyn Board of Realtors, 2001-2009; 2010 Membership Committee Chair
- Past VP & current Board of Governors, Bay Ridge Real Estate Board
- 2008 & 2013 President, Women’s Council of Realtors, Brooklyn Chapter
- Past President, BNI Morning Money Makers, Brooklyn Chapter
- Advisory & Grievance Committees, Brooklyn & Brooklyn New York MLS, 2008-2011
- ABR designation-Accredited Buyer Representative
- ASP designation-Accredited Staging Professional
- GRI designation-Graduate Realtor Institute
- PMN designation-Performance Management Network
- SRES designation-Senior Real Estate Specialist
- 2014 & 2015 NYSAR Community Liaison
- 2007- #1 Team-Greatest # of Transactions in District 9 (Metro area) w/Re/Max
- 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009 & 2014- Re/Max Platinum Club
- 2005- Re/Max Platinum Club & Hall of Fame
- 2003– Brooklyn Board of Realtors Realtor Associate of the Year
- 2003 – Present Associate Real Estate Broker, State of New York
- 1987 – 2003 Licensed Real Estate Sales Person, State of New York
- Ethics & Professional Standards, New York State Association of Realtors
- NYS Continuing Education
- NYS Real Estate Licensing Course
- AAS-Fashion Institute of Technology
REMAX TEAM COMMISSION RANKINGS:
Julie Thum Has Been Recognized Among the Top in Her Industry by the Expert Network©
Click here for a Bay Ridge fundraiser hosted by the Women’s Council of Realtors.
Click here for a special thank you video and look into the new year.
The Right Time to Sell Is Anytime.
Click here to listen to a broadcast I was recently on.
Click here to watch a panel I spoke on called “Listing Mastermind”.
Click here for an article I was featured in.
Click here for my appearance on Bob Howe’s radio show on Blogtalkradio.
Our listing signs shown recently on Bloomberg Tv: